Thursday, February 23, 2006

In Da Club

Another company party at another trending hotspot. Another night in the city I love. I just wish these soirées would happen on Friday night and not smack dab in the middle of the week. After circling the floor a few times to find a crew to roll waaayyyy over to the west side with, I was sadly disappointed. It seemed as though most of the people that were going, had gone. Left without a heads up…Talk about a blow to the self esteem…”um, guys, anyone, is anyone out there?”

No worries though, it would be a great looking place with great looking people and an open bar for 4 hours. So after what seemed like an hour long cab ride that smelled like curry (seriously, it did) I was at Home. That’s the name of the place, Home. Trendy huh?

My assumptions for the night were correct. It was in fact a beautiful place and there were beautiful people. The advertising/media industry tends to lean towards the C-student/attractive side. All of which is fine by me, being pretty good looking guy and riding my entire life with a 3.5 GPA.

After a few cocktails and bite sized appetizers I started to think that these functions must cost a fortune! Not only is it open bar, food as far as the eye can see, there are give-a-ways, and bottle service. I couldn’t believe it, as if this was a normal night at the club, there were people sitting around small, low to the ground tables with bottles of booze. I saw Kettle One on some tables, and Champagne on others. I however, opted to go to the bar each time I needed another glass of poison.

Well, speaking of slow death, I have to get back to work…I’m kidding relax!

Thanks for listening

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home